| After a decade of the same site design, I felt it was time for a change. Here is that change! I started it in late 2008 and worked on it a little bit at a time, here and there.|
Now, before you deluge me with emails wondering about the status of removed items, here is a low down of changes you might notice:
1) WavMan 11 has finally, and needed to be sunset. It is no longer available. Please don't ask me to send it to you, because company policy prohibits TPA staff sending files through email. WavMan 11, also a decade old has run its course and had a lifetime over three times longer than any software normally enjoys. Most software lives to be three, maybe four years old and is replaced by a newer version. The only WavMan available and supported is WavMan Professional.
2) Same goes for Fade-It 1.x
3) WallPaper for AOL has also been sunset, but has been replaced with the revamped DesktopFade. In the next version of WavMan, the auto-start option for DesktopFade will be enabled.
4) AdBuster has been sunset. Since AOL has moved away from FDO content and towards web based content, it's all but irrelevant now.
Now, here is what is coming over the next year, provided I can afford to keep the site running past June (not enough money right now to do so).
1) I know I said Buddy Plus was finished, but there has been enough demand to change my mind. There will be a Buddy Plus 3.x. It will be somewhat different than the previous versions and will also be 5 dollars cheaper ($15.00 to $10.00).
2) Terminator might be revamped to emphasize on the auto-closing of annoying windows via the SmartKill feature, and will receive the one useful feature of AdBuster. Naturally, it will still serve as an anti-logoff tool, but will be "terminating" more annoyances that AOL has thrown our way (AOL Search window, anyone?)
3) I'm not sure what I'm doing with IMs Plus yet. There is n demand for it. If you are that one is a thousand person who is waiting for IMs Plus to be updated, say so now.
4) Look for some new programs that are not AOL based, but would serve a good purpose with other tasks one may do with their computer. Keep an eye on our Beta Central area for information as it becomes available.
Finally, the new site may have some growing pains. Please be patient as I iron them all out over the next few weeks. If you spot one, please feel free to let me know!
C. Kevin Provance